Terms and Conditions
Buying a vehicle can be on of the biggest investments you will make. To ensure carefree ownership and years of driving enjoyment, Mazda has created Mazda Commercialcare, our commitment to new Mazda BT-50 owners and to the quality of our product.
Manufacturer's New Commercial Vehicle Warranty
"Penfold Mazda" ("Mazda") warrants that if within 3 years or 150,000km (whichever occurs first) from the date of first registration, any part of the vehicle is found to be defective due to Mazda's faulty materials or manufacturing, the defective part will be repaired or replaced free of charge.
PROVIDED HOWEVER the vehicle:
- Shall only be repaired by an authorised Mazda dealer
- Has been maintained according to recommended Mazda maintenance schedules.
- Has been operated according to Mazda recommendations and not subject to misuse or accident.
- PROVIDED THAT normal wear and tear and service adjustments are not part of this warranty.
What Your Warranty Covers
Mazda warranty covers almost everything except the items below.
Mazda Australia Pty Ltd and authorised Mazda Dealers may not be liable under the terms of this warranty where:
- Wheel balancing and alignment after 1,500km, or one month from the date of registration.
- Normal regular maintenance services including engine tune-ups and general tightening, and replacement of service items such as spark plugs, filters, light bulbs, wiper blades, drive belts, brake shoes and pads, clutch discs, lubricants and coolants, unless required due to defective materials and/or assembly.
- Repairs related to environmental conditions such as stone chipping, tree sap, salt, hail, storm damage, chemicals, industrial fall-out and bird droppings.
- Repairs necessary due to the use of parts other than Mazda Genuine Parts, or the use of fuel, lubricants or fluids not recommended by Mazda.
- Replacement or repair of tyres except where warranted by the tyre manufacturer concerned (If defects are found in tyres you may contact your Mazda dealerwho will assist you to make a claim).
- Normal wear and tear on interior surfaces, upholstery or paint.
- Appearance Care as described in the Owner's Manual.
- Damage or failures resulting from misuse, accident, theft or fire.
- Loss of use of the vehicle or any consequential loss, damage or expense arising directly or indirectly from a defect.
Your authorised Mazda dealer may not be liable under the terms of this warranty where:
- The vehicle has been subject to extraordinary use in any way.
- The vehicle has been damaged due to neglect, accident, faulty repairs or misuse.
- The repair or replacement is necessary as a result of normal wear and tear.
- The odometer reading on the vehicle has been changed in any way such that the kilometres travelled cannot be accurately determined.
- The vehicle has not been maintained according to recommended Mazda maintenance schedules.
- The vehicle has been altered by the removal or change of the manufacturer's identification number or marks.
- Non-authorised vehicle modifications have been made.
- The vehicle has been de-registered at any time due to damage.
*Includes driving over curbs, overloading, racing, etc. Proper usage is described in your Owner's Manual.
This warranty is applicable to Mazda vehicles registered and normally operated in Australia.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Except where the buyer has acquired the goods for the purpose of a "business" as defined in Section 2 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, nothing in the above shall affect or limit the rights of the buyer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and this warranty shall in all respects be subject to the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply where the buyer acquires the goods for the purposes of a "business".
What Your Warranty Means
Penfold Mazda through authorised Mazda dealers, provides warranty cover against product failure, excluding fair wear and tear. Providing the vehicle has been used in the normal manner and serviced in accordance with the schedule prescribed, this warranty extends for 3 years or 150,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
Any defect must be reported to your authorised Mazda dealer immediately after its discovery within the warranty period, and the vehicle must be made available for repair at the place of business of the dealer as soon as possible.
The Warranty protects against the possibility of faulty materials. Parts and labour costs related to the required regular maintenance services as outlined in this Handbook are at the owner's expense, unless the vehicle falls within mazdacare's Genuine Standard Scheduled Servicing Programme.